Thursday, June 12, 2014

Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs with Avocado Peach Salsa

Total score on a Cooking Light recipe that I've adapted to make it my own.  Every now and then I get some good ideas for recipes from magazines.  I almost never FOLLOW their recipes, though.  Just inspiration.


Peach Glazed Chicken Thighs and Avocado Peach Salsa

1 ripe peach, peeled and chopped
1 ripe avocado, diced
2 Tbsp. minced red onion
1 Tbsp fresh chopped mint and/or basil
1/2 tsp sugar
salt, to taste
finely minced jalapeno, to taste
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/3 cup peach preserves (I used Peach, Mango, Orange preserves from Costco)

Mix together all ingredients for salsa in a medium mixing bowl.  Set aside while you prepare chicken.

Salt and pepper chicken thighs.  Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Once pan is nice and hot add the chicken.  Cook for about 5 minutes on one side, turn over, cover the pan and cook for another 8 minutes.  Check that the chicken is cooked all the way through.  If not, let cook for a few more minutes until desired doneness is achieved.  Remove from pan and place on an oven safe plate in a warm oven.  Add chicken stock and vinegar to pan to deglaze.  Scrape up all the browned bits on the bottom of the pan and reduce stock to about 1/4 cup.  Add peach preserves and stir to fully incorporate.  Spoon glaze over chicken thighs and serve with Avocado Peach Salsa.  


2 comments:

  1. My dear friend this looks delish! You should have me over for dinner sometime!! :) Wish you had some step by step photos! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Step-by-step photos would be a bit too overwhelming for me at this life-stage. The goal of the blog is to provide a place for me to share recipes with friends because of the inevitable, "This is so good! Can you get me the recipe?" which I almost never remember to actually do. That said, someday I may do some educational posts on basics and common cooking mistakes with step-by-step photos, or even... videos!

      Delete