Monday, March 17, 2014

Turkish Eggs

Anyone who knows me well knows by now that I eat this all the time.  It's my breakfast of choice.  I owe it all to my best friend, Brooke.  Life-changing eggs... really.  

It seems like a lot of work, but since the yogurt warms in the oven while you cook the eggs it really doesn't take much more time than making any other kind of eggs.  Since I eat this regularly, I mix 2 cloves of garlic into an entire 16 oz. container of Greek yogurt (Fage Total is my favorite) and make a batch of paprika parsley butter in my food processor and keep both in my fridge.  Then I only have to put some yogurt and butter in a bowl and place it in the oven while I poach my eggs.  Easy-peasy.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!




Turkish Eggs (serves 4)

1 cup Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic
salt
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp. sweet or smoked paprika
chopped fresh parsley
4-8 eggs (1-2 per person)

Preheat oven to 200 degrees.  Press garlic into yogurt, add a pinch of salt and mix together well.  Divide into four oven safe bowls.  Place bowls in oven to warm the yogurt.  Poach individual eggs to desired doneness, placing finished eggs in bowls of yogurt in the oven to keep warm.  Stir paprika into melted butter.  When finished poaching eggs, remove bowls from oven and top with 1 Tbsp. melted butter and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.  Salt to taste.




4 comments:

  1. Yum mmm....can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to know what you think when you do try. Your input is appreciated!

      Delete
  2. I am not an egg person but this- MMM! I could eat this every day, especially with a piece of sourdough toast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had dinner, but I still want to make this right away! I know what I'm having for breakfast! Or a midnight snack...

    ReplyDelete